The Ten Commandments of Pokemon Go
- You shall only play one app game at a time. Playing different apps at the same time can be dangerous. If you are playing Pokemon Go, do not stretch your attention by playing another game at the same time.
- Do not bow your head over your phone while walking across the roads or in traffic areas. Pay attention to your surroundings. The drivers of vehicles are jealous drivers and they want your full attention when you are crossing their paths. Remember, roads and cars are real. You are real. Pokeman are not. You can really die, Pokemon cannot.
- If you don’t play, do not talk badly against those who play. If you do play, don’t talk badly about your fellow players. Everyone likes different games. That’s just not nice. Don’t ruin the fun for others. Show kindness and respect so we can all continue to have fun. Also, if you find someone who doesn’t have a phone to play with, don’t speak unkindly about them, invite them to join your social group, and let them come along for the adventure.
- Remember you do have other things to do in real life, so take time away from playing your games, and get your real work done. Do not ignore real friendships, chores, or real life work to chase Pokemon. Have fun, but take a break when needed to tend to real life activities.
- Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long. Do not, under any circumstance, leave your home, go Pokemon hunting, or go into a dangerous area without telling your parents. This goes for the adults too. Do not go out hunting in the dark or in dangerous areas without telling someone where you are. Do not drop a lure if you are alone or in a strange place. Instead of hunting alone or at night, play at home and use incense to bring the Pokemon to you.
- You shall not hurt or kill other players or go to places which may get you killed. Your family wants you home safe, so never go anywhere alone or dangerous. Always keep an eye on your surroundings and use common sense when hunting Pokemon.
- You shall not cheat on your teammates or your group. If your team or group has decided when and where to play and how to divide up the Pokemon which are found, be sure to follow the rules of the group. There will be no cheating on your team or group’s rules. Cheating on your teammates is just bad sportsmanship. Don’t do it.
- Do not steal Legendary Pokemon from other players (or anything else for that matter). If you see someone already playing in their yard or other areas and they were there first, do not steal their chance at fun. Plus, when people are playing in the park, they tend to leave their personal items around. Do not steal these items. If it isn’t yours, don’t touch it.
- Do not lie on your teammates or other players. Play nice and everyone will have fun.
- Do not trespass on your neighbor or covet their Pokemon. If you see a Pokemon in someone’s yard or closed off business, do not covet that Pokemon. That Pokemon belongs to that person and if you wish to capture it, you should use your incense to lure it to you, but to not trespass onto someone’s land.
The final commandment of playing Pokemon Go is always play nice.
“Do unto others what you would have them do unto you.”
(Yes, that is directly from the Bible, but it’s a good rule to live by in any instance, even when playing Pokemon Go.)
Now, go forth and multiply… your combat power and candy of course!
Until next time…be safe, be kind, and always be happy.
PS: Remember adults, these rules apply to you too.