At what point is everyone going to realize Pokemon Go is the answer to many problems of the 21st century?
Kids are begging to stay outside longer and requesting to go places they would have never gone without Pokemon Go.
You read that right. Kids want to stay out as late as possible and are begging their parents to take them to the park and to important venues, such as museums, outdoor art displays, and many other places we try to drag our kids to give them a little culture. Kids are asking to go on shopping trips, and parents are letting them purchase gold by doing chores around the house.
It’s not the 1950’s dream everyone has been wishing for. No. It’s better! This is much better.
People are smiling. They are laughing. They are having fun. All people.
In a nation where low Vitamin D counts, high obesity, high levels of depression, and a lack of exercise is the norm, it seems Pokemon Go has, for a short term at least, has given the nation an answer to some of these issues.
- Family time – check
- People are exercising more than ever – check
- Thousands of people were in the local parks this week – check
- Kids want to go outside more (hello Vitamin D) – check
- Everyone wants to run errands – check
- Car pooling has become a team effort – check
- People are visiting small businesses, which depend on foot traffic and word of mouth for sales – check
- Very low learning curve. Anyone can play, including kids, adults, and even the disabled can play from home. — check
- A player only needs a short amount of time during the day to play. No sitting for hours to earn points – check.
- Photography and creating fun scenes is part of the fun – check
And the number one best part about this game, everyone, of all races, sexes, and religions are coming together in parks, on sidewalks, and on buses sharing game strategy and hints with each other. No mention of hate for each other, just fun conversation about capturing little creatures.
Pokemon Go – Bringing the world together with one app – CHECK!
Until next time…be safe, be kind, and always be happy.
(and Go…. get out there and catch the Pokemon! The world needs you!)