The reason I’m sharing this is to show people what’s been accomplished in a very short time. It’s going to be a very long 4 years so we must keep our spirits up.
For fighters to keep their spirits up through a very long battle, they must see the victories which are taking place all around them. During this battle the victories are piling up daily and we must take the time to celebrate these victories!
America is great and we’re only going to get better and better. We’ll keep fighting every day.
Progress since the election:
- Unprecedented levels of ongoing civic engagement.
- Millions of Americans now know who their state and federal representatives are without having to Google.
- Millions of Americans are exercising more. They’re holding signs and marching every week. (FITBIT users are using protest matches to increase their steps).
- Alec Baldwin is great again. Everyone’s forgotten he’s kind of a jerk.
- The Postal Service is enjoying the influx cash due to stamps purchased by millions of people for letter and postcard campaigns.
- Likewise, the pharmaceutical industry is enjoying record growth in sales of anti-depressants.
- Millions of Americans now know how to call their elected officials and know exactly what to say to be effective.
- Footage of town hall meetings is now entertaining.
- Tens of millions of people are now correctly spelling words like emoluments, narcissist, fascist, misogynist, holocaust and cognitive dissonance.
- Everyone knows more about the rise of Hitler than they did last year.
- Everyone knows more about legislation, branches of power and how checks and balances work.
- Marginalized groups are experiencing a surge in white allies.
- White people in record numbers have just learned that racism is not dead. (See #6)
- American people in record numbers also finally understand that Obamacare IS the Affordable Care Act.
- Stephen Colbert’s “Late Night” finally gained the elusive #1 spot in late night talk shows, and Seth Meyers is finding his footing as today’s Jon Stewart.
- “Mike Pence” has donated millions of dollars to Planned Parenthood since Nov. 9th.
- Melissa FREAKING McCarthy.
- Travel ban protesters put $24 million into ACLU coffers in just 48 hours, enabling them to hire 200 more attorneys. Lawyers are now heroes.
- As people seek veracity in their news sources, respected news outlets are happily reporting a substantial increase in subscriptions, a boon to a struggling industry vital to our democracy.
- Live streaming court cases and congressional sessions are now as popular as the Kardashians.
- Massive cleanup of Facebook friend lists.
- People are reading classic literature again. Sales of George Orwell’s “1984” increased by 10,000% after the inauguration. (Yes, that is true. 10,000%. 9th grade Lit teachers all over the country are now rock stars.)
- More than ever before, Americans are aware that education is important. Like, super important.
- Now, more than any time in history, everyone believes that anyone can be President. Seriously, anyone.” – Susan Keller
- The White House has never in modern history had so many phone calls or letters (citizen involvement does work).
- The sales & download of The Constitution have increased.
This list was not mine, but I did make a few changes. I can’t give *45 any credit for any of this. *45 did not do this. The American people did this. The American people decided they were not going to let their country fall into fascism and they created these victories! Many more to come!
Please copy and paste to share. ** Add new positive things as they occur **