The American government stole their land, homes, stores, and life all in the name of protection. These were hardworking American citizens, not terrorists, not criminals, not the enemy, but true Americans. With the current administration, this kind of attack on Americans can happen again. Please learn from the past so we do not let history repeat itself.
1. 75 years later, Japanese Americans recall pain of internment camps
2. What Happened to Japanese Americans 75 Years Ago Is Newly Relevant
We can’t rely on ethnic or religious tests for citizenship or admission to our country. It’s the kind of racism that ripped families apart during World War II.
Learn about the relavance of the camps to today’s politics
3. Executive order that incarcerated Japanese Americans is 75 years old
4. When Japanese Americans Were Caged: 75 Years After Executive Order 9066
5. Letters From Camp by Frank Chi
And the bonus link — George Takei gives a first person account of Japanese Americans being arrested for the crime of being American citizens of Japanese heritage.